Monday 10 August 2015

Banana and Walnut Cake





It came to a breaking point when my son said to me " mommy bake me please" right then and there I've realised that I haven't baked in the longest while..... about 2 1/2 weeks ha! 

I didn't have many ingredients at home or so I thought.... then this happened. I opted to bake cupcakes but by the time they where finished from the oven they seemed to be more denser than a cupcake should so I peeled away the paper cup and ate it with a spoon. Two days after the cakes were still moist, I ate two of the cakes from hand to mouth. Results to sticky fingers but not to worry a lick will do the trick. 

If your interested in baking these cakes you should get about 12 but I never usually get 12 I always get 8 instead Ha!


Ingredients and How to make the cakes

Beat 225g of butter and 1/2 cups of caster or granulated sugar together (until fluffy and pale in colour)

Sift flour 1/2 cups, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg and  1/4 tsp baking soda (all togther in a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together with your fingers)

Break up 1 1/2 of ripen bananas into chunks and place then into food processor and puree it 

Crack 2 eggs lightly beaten in a separate bowl

In the butter and sugar mixture add 1tbsp honey. Then slowly add the eggs into that mixture

Beat in the pureed bananas 

Fold in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stir some chopped walnuts into the mixture and then spoon out the mixture into the cupcake cases.

preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius for 25mins


Topping

Juice one whole orange, put it in a sauce pan with 2tbsp of honey, put the heat up to medium and stir constantly until it began to thicken (like a syrup) then turn down to low heat

Mix 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of cinnamon together in a bowl, then add to the syrup mixture when thicken

Add the topping to the cakes, then just sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.



I was inspired by a Drizzled Honey Cupcake ingredient in one of my Baking books. Hope you like. 

LET ME KNOW!










No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10