Thursday 25 June 2015

Some Cookbooks






 After picking flowers out at the front of the house, I've decided to clean up my Yankee Candle jar and turn it into my new flower vase. I don't have any shelves in my kitchen for the time being so I've turned my windowsill into a shelf like holder. Makes sense right?  

The idea came to mind to share some of my cook and baking books with you guys. If you keep up with me you know I love foods, not sure why I gave upon on cooking after grade 9 in school and started doing business subjects instead. I thought business would be more useful to me at the time. 

Today is  about a few of my cookbooks, let me introduce you to them all starting from the right.

This book is called Baking published in 2010 and we're now in to 2015. You know I am definitely in need of an upgrade HA!. This book has five sections about baking from Cakes to Savoury Bites and the best bit of this book for me is the savoury nibbles and john likes the cakes. The Methods to this book isn't difficult to understand but you might need a conversion table for assistance if you normally use Cups instead of Grams and Ounces like myself other than that everything about the book is grand. 

My party fixer that has 150 delicious recipes, which I've, only tried a few is this Appetizers  book. The recipes in here are so good and easy to make its unbelievable from nibbles to dips. What I adore about this book is that it has the nutritional information per portion with every starter so if you decided to have one of these dishes for dinner you'll be sorted when it comes  down to portion control. 

The Heart-Warming dishes for the colder seasons or just if you need a treat of a dish is this Comfort Food, just say yum with me.........1, 2, 3, yum!! When John and I first moved to Ireland it was in winter time , little ole me nearly freeze to death (almost) I needed something to keep me going strong and that how I found this book. I am not sure if this is the authors' latest comfort book. If not, I'll also need an upgrade here too. Very easy methods to making the foods, has the nutritional information per portion and also damn good. Lets not talk about weight gain whew!

Most of you would say this is the Ultimate book Appetizers Finger Food Buffets & Parties . This book actually belong to a friend of mine Juliette who loan me this book around the days of planning my wedding. It has everything for home dinners to event planning and decor. Its simply awesome. In this book, it talks about wines that works best with which dish, foods to eat with a fork, how to prepare the foods, party themes, how to open wine , serve and smell wines you name this book has it. If you're interested in everything culinary like I am then this book is for you. I was so happy in the end when my friend decided to let me keep this book as gift from her to me.

This baby book saved my life after having Lorcan The Baby Healthy Eating Planner they're newer versions to this book and should be even more amazing but this one right here helped me from 0-12mths of my little mans life. The foods were so good even I ate them. The book tells you about recipe symbols, recipe portions, points system, nutrition and there will be a chart to show you how to use this book. I got this as gift from John's parents. It was truly an amazing gift because even to this day I still use it. Thanks NANA B and PAPA T for this lovely book.

The Real Taste of Jamaica was the perfect gift from my mom right before I migrated from Jamaica. Every now and again I will run through this book to see what to cook next especially when I get a little homesick. This book acknowledges you about Jamaican Cuisine, shows you pictures of the foods and spices, talks a little bit about our patios pronounce patwa or patwah and even the tools that was used back in the olden days. If you're into Jamaican cook food you can try this one right here.

My go to book every time I want to get back on track or on top of things Healthy Appetite . John found out about my love for Gordon Ramsay then got me one of his books and I was very delighted with this gift. After making the first meal from this book, eating healthy got so easy to us, the food in here is divine and healthy too. Literally we use this book everyday while preparing to start a family and eating healthy was so much fun. 

Mary Berry Baking Bible Tells you everything from you what equipment you're going to need, techniques, key ingredients, baking tips and baking terminology. It's called the baking bible for many reason and it's all truth. I got this book from the Lovely Sarah. Great Buy!


Will be adding Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking, Foolproof and Everyday Super Food to my next cook book shopping! Any word on these books let me know.

I guess i'll need that bookshelf soon ha ha!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10